Friday, June 11, 2010

Insanely delicious things you shouldn't miss in Cluj-Napoca

I like to stop in late afternoon for a dessert accompanied with a most generous tea. If I could tell travellers to Cluj-Napoca one thing that will improve their culinary experience, it's to chill out and try some desserts.

If  you are coming to town, here are some of my favorite places to get something really good to eat as a dessert. 
  • Amadeus Mozart Cafe: my favorite Schwarzwalder KirschTorte;
  • Bistro Viena:  Sacher Torte - chocolate cake, Apple Strudel with Vanilla Sauce;
  • Club Italia: Panna Cotta;
  • Corso Cafe and Bistro: Floating Islands, Somloi;
  • Euphoria: Tiramisu
  • Quo Vadis - Poppy Seed Cake; Brownie;
  • Viena Restaurant: famous imperialist dessert - Kaiserschmarrn - teared pancake with stewed plums.

Gosh, I could keep going and going and going.
If there's anything I left out, if you have anything to add, let me know in the comments. What are some of your favorite desserts to eat in Cluj-Napoca?

I'm ready, for dessert!

P.S.: In all these places, expect the classics done right.

2 comments:

  1. You should try cannolo siciliano in Club Italia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Anonymous said...

    You should try cannolo siciliano in Club Italia. "

    You made my day! I was looking for cannoli since I got back from the States :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails